Warning Signs that Your Computer is Malware-Infected
Watch out for these malware-infection signs!
LAST UPDATED ON DECEMBER 18, 2017
SLOW READ:11 min
Here’s a scenario you may not like but could happen every day. This is because it’s always viruses season for computers. You’re working on an important project and suddenly start noticing annoying pop-ups displayed on your computer.
Also, it takes too long for your files or computer apps to load. You wait and wait until you start asking yourself:
“Does my computer have a virus?”
Unfortunately, the answer might be “yes” and your computer could be already compromised with viruses or advanced malware that are slowing down its activity and performance.
This is one of the signs that show your PC might suffer from a malware infection. There are more of them you need to be aware of and understand, maybe you can quickly take action.
In this article, we’ll show you the most frequent warning signs of malware infection and what can you do about it.
Quick links to what you’ll find out:
- Your computer is slowing down
- You would notice annoying ads are displayed on your computer
- Pop-up messages
- The Internet traffic suspiciously increases
- Your browser homepage changed without your input
- Unusual messages show unexpectedly.
- Your security solution is disabled, this should get you worried as well
- Your friends say they receive strange messages from you
- Unfamiliar icons would be displayed on your desktop
- Unusual error messages
- You can’t access the Control Panel
- Everything seems to work perfectly on your PC
CYBER SECURITY ENTHUSIAST